Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mermaids and Cross Stitch


It has been a while since I cross stitched. I really love it and it really has been a long time. I guess knitting kind of took over. I have too many hobbies, I really do. I have just about done it all, crochet, knitting, macrame, hooking rugs, needlepoint, scrapbooking, punch needle, embrodiary, crewell, string art (anyone remember those), drawing, painting and of cross stitch. (I'm sure they may be some I forgot to mention)

I have been wainting to get back to my cross stitch but just won't allow myself until I finish the projects I already have going on. . . namely, making a prayer shawl, finishing the right glove of a fingerless glove set, a scarf and an afghan (all gifts for others) and now I am working on the Warming Families project and have been making hats.

But when I do get back to cross stitch. The first thing I want to do is finish this cute Paula Vaughn pattern I have that is like 75% done. The next thing I want to do is make a couple of Mermaids to go in my bathroom. Lately I have really been drawn to mermaids for some reason and would love to re-do my bathroom and have a couple of them in there (I don't really have room themes but just a couple of things to bring the room together). I can't decide which ones I like - there are so many to choose from. Here are some I have my eye on. All Mirabilia patterns.

But of course, I will not - WILL NOT - allow myself to even order a pattern, knowing full well how much I already have going on. I have even vowed to stay out of craft stores until I have all my work-in-progress projects done ! I sure hope that Michael's, JoAnne's and Hobby Lobby doesn't go out of business without me to support them.

1 comment:

  1. I started a Miribilia mermaid a few years ago. Got distracted from it by my other crafty loves (knitting, bead weaving) and have been trying to get myself to go back to cross stitch ever since. So I know how you feel. I'm doing Mermaid of the Pearls (out of pring). It's awesome with real pearl beads and whatnot. The picture does not do it justice.
    http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2368655430100177342qtcQmJ:


    I did want to suggest you at least buy the patterns you want to do now. Miribilia's do go out of print.

    ReplyDelete