Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

Thin Layer Cake



This cake is somewhat of a tradition in our family. It can be found at every family reunion and pretty much around any holiday. I don't remember the first one of us that made it but of course I make mine the semi-homemade way, and actually like it better. The cake itself is a mix, something my Aunt Evelyn would probably faint over since she always makes hers from stratch. The icing is from stratch I must say - it is from the back of the Hershey Cocoa box BUT it is NOT the icing that the rest of the family puts on the cake - they make a cooked chocolate icing that is a bit too - well - chocolatey for me. I like it a bit more mild tasting and prefer the Hershey's Cocoa Frosting recipe.

I took this to work and my boss gave me the coolest compliment. He said "If you would have brought that to the interview, you wouldn't have even had to answered any questions, we'd hired you on the spot" - LOL !!

The number of layers tend to vary everytime I make it - this one had 18 layers !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment