Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yarn Love

 I love Lion Brand yarn - love them all !!  They have so many beautiful yarns and colors and their website is FANTASTIC - fully of patterns.  I have been a member of their website as long as I can remember.  Some of the patterns use to be free and some had a small cost (not too expensive - $0.99 - $1.99 - along those lines).  At that time, their free patterns were mostly the ones printed on the yarn bands but also available on their website.

Well many, many years ago, they made ALL of their patterns free.  I remember when I got the e-mail saying so - I went pattern crazy - printing out so many.  I was a happy girl. Heck, I still am a happy girl - they literally have thousands of free patterns and they are so well written.  Even the "experienced" skill level ones are easy to follow.

My favorite yarn of theirs is probably Vanna's Choice (named for the beautiful Vanna White), who is a fellow crocheter (she may knit too but seems like I heard she crocheted) - she has been their spokesperson for over 15 years.  I also love Pound of Love, Amazing, Jamie, and  Homespun.

I receive an email from them each week with new patterns and such.  But this week I about stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this.  How cute are these?  Itty, Bitty, Teeny, Weeny and insanely cute little skeins of yarn, called Bonbons.



They are so perfect for smaller projects, such as Amigurumi.  They come 8 to a pack in a variety of colors - just look at this cute little pack !  I can't wait to see them in person.  The Lion Brand website has them listed as $7.99 per pack - so about $1 a skein.  The yarn looks a bit like DMC (embroidery) floss.  One skein of DMC floss is 10 g and 1 skein of Lion Brand floss states 10 g (according to the website).


Considering that DMC is often on sale 5 for $1 and it comes in at least 87 different colors, it may be a better choice then Lion  Brand for these type of projects but the Lion Brand is just so darned cute !!   Plus I have not seen them in person so I don't know if they really are like DMC floss or not (they just appear to be from the photos and projects).   With this pack pictures above, I could so see myself make Georgia and Georgia Tech friendship bracelets !  The right colors are in there.

Anyway..... if you see these in the store anywhere, leave me a comment so I check them out - also, let me know what you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment