Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

Viva Las Vegas - Day 1



I love Las Vegas and I never, never, ever in my life would have thought I would be a "Las Vegas" kind of girl...mainly because I am not a gambler.  But this was my 4th trip and it is starting to feel like a 2nd home.

I wasn't sure I'd get to make this trip but luckily my friend and I were able to make it happen.  I've always gone to Las Vegas with the same friend and we always go for one main purpose...to see Donny & Marie!

We didn't think Donny & Marie would be performing this year but luckily they added another year to their contract and so we got to go again - whoo hoo!!

However, on the day were were scheduled to fly out - guess what?  It SNOWED!! Yes, snowed in Las Vegas, Nevada.  They are not equipped to handle snow at the airport so ... yep, our flight was cancelled.

It snows like every 30 years or so in Las Vegas and of course we picked the one day that Mother Nature decided it was time to snow there.



Thank goodness my friend had the good sense to get to the airport super early (like about 5 hours before our flight).  Since we were there early, we were able to get on a flight the next day.  If we had been one of the later people checking in, we wouldn't have gotten on a flight until Saturday and arrived until after 6 pm Saturday, thereby missing all the shows we had tickets for.

Luckily, thank the Lord, we got a flight for the next day...so...our first day in Las Vegas was spent in my house back in Georgia.  We were very unhappy and mopey.  We put on our PJs and sat in the house looking like the kids in the Cat in the Hat.


So  . . . while we were very disappointed, we believe things happen the way they should and we did end up getting a refund for our show tickets (since we were smart and spent the extra $25 for the ticket insurance. 

At least we knew we were going to be flying out the next day since snow doesn't stick around long in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment