Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

Finish It Friday - Prayer Shawl 3

 


 I finished my Call-The-Midwife Prayer Shawl.

I mentioned earlier that it was originally a shawl, turned into a baby blanket and I was turning it back into a shawl.

Well...I was a bit off...turns out, the original pattern called a "Shawl" means something different then the kind of shawl I typically think of.

To most people in the U.S., anyway, a shawl is a covering around your head and/or shoulders.  However, in the U.K., a shawl means that but can also mean and heirloom wrap for a baby.

British English: shawl /ʃɔːl/ NOUN. A shawl is a large piece of woollen cloth worn over the shoulders or head, or wrapped around a baby to keep it warm. American English: shawl /ˈʃɔl/
 
Therefore, the shawl that was originally written was actually a baby blanket...but I turned it into a shoulder shawl.   

I am happy with how it came out and I hope it brings the receiver a lot of comfort.
 


 


1 comment: