Pages

Friday, July 22, 2022

Funny Friday - Sign of the Times

 I didn't learn shorthand and was never in a Steno Pool but I do remember those.  When I was young and watched "The Beverly Hillbillies", I remember that Miss Jane and the other secretaries in the Steno Pool would use shorthand.

I did, however, use an IBM Selectric.  In fact, it is what I use to learn to type.  It was so cool to me to use an electric typewriter with that cool round ball instead of a manual typewriter.  I loved it!

Typing class was a class I looked forward to everyday.  It was fun.  I am sure they no longer teach typing or keyboarding in high school.  Today's kids get to miss out on that fun class since they now grow up typing.  

THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPED OVER THE LAZY DOG 
(If you know, you know) 😄



1 comment:

  1. YES!!! Typing was my favorite class too!!! I was a pretty fast typist and when done with a lesson we could type whatever we wanted while other were finishing up, so I would type the lyrics to Pink Floyd’s “Time”. Ah those were the days.

    ReplyDelete