Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Product Review - Gordon vs. Guy

Like most people, I'm a Food Network fan.  So I like several Celebrity Chefs. I admit, that I don't know a lot about Chef Gordon Ramsay, only because he's not on the Food Network, which is where I watch most of the cooking shows, along with some PBS shows.  Plus, when I have seen him a few times on Fox, he always seemed to be yelling at someone...so I don't really watch the show's he hosts.

Chef Guy Fieri, on the other hand...well...you could practically rename the Food Network to the Guy Fieri channel.  He's on there ALL THE TIME!!

He got his start on Food Network when he won the 2nd season for "The Next Food Network Star" and his show "Guy's Big Bite" (seems to be primarily a grilling show) was born from that.  Well, he must have been a hit with people, because that developed into other shows, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (where he doesn't cook at all but goes around and tries food from other restaurants all over the country). He also host "Guy's Grocery Game", which is a competition show (again he doesn't cook on this one). He also has a cooking show called "Guy off the Hook". He also appears on other shows from time to time, such as "Dinner Impossible", "Paula's Party", "Ace of Cakes" and the "Best Thing I Ever Ate".  He doesn't cook a lot on Food Network, but he sure is featured a lot.  

They both own restaurants and have locations in Las Vegas. I haven't eaten at Gordon Ramsay's place, but I have eaten at Guy Fieri's and it was pretty good!

Well...onto the point....

Walmart is carrying some new lines of Frozen Dinners, by Celebrity Chef's and I decided to give a couple a try.  The retail at $5.99. 

(Click on photos to enlarge)

First up:  Gordon Ramsay's Lasagna with Bolognese Meat Sauce

 

 Straight out of the box:

 
 
After Microwaving

 
 
Nutrition Information


 Next up: Guy Fieri's Flavortown Cheesy Lasagna with Pepperoni & Marinara Sauce

 

Straight out of the box

 

After Microwaving


 Nutrition Facts

 
VERDICT: Gordon Ramsay for the win!
 
Nutritionally, (not that it matters when  you are eating a frozen celebrity chef dinner), Guy's is a little better, less calories and carbs, but more fat.  Also note, the product weighs a little bit less.  

Looks, I thought Gordon's looked more appetizing after cooking.  Plus, as on the picture on the box indicates, there are only 3 pepperoni in Guy's, which looked a little like Hamburger Helper after cooked.

Taste, Guy's was good and tasty and I enjoyed every bite, but Gordon's was REALLY good.  The cheesy filling was plentiful and tasted more like a good lasagna roll up.  It left me feeling more satisfied and I just liked the flavor of Gordon's better.

Note:  in case you are wondering, I tried these on 2 different nights, I couldn't eat 2 of those at the same time - Ha Ha!!  I think they are both good but if you only want to spend the money on one....go with Gordon's.  I've since bought his again, but didn't really have a desire to get Guy's again.  Not that I wouldn't but given the choice, I just would chose Gordon's.

Have you tried any celebrity chef frozen dinners?  What did you like or not like?

No comments:

Post a Comment