Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

W.I.P. Wednesday - Tale of Two Shawls

On April 1st, Malabrigo started a knit-a-long (KAL) for the Temperance Shawl.  Since I am currently knitting prayer shawls for church members, I thought this would be a great KAL to join.

However,  I hadn't finished my current WIP - Sideways Shawl and I really, really wanted to finish it first.  It is a rather large shawl and you only increase every 4th row and then once you start decreasing, you only decrease one stitch every 4th row and trust me, there is a lot of decreasing to do - I have to get from 92 stitches down to 6.  That is 86 decrease stitches or 344 rows !!  Mercy!!

Anyway...progress has been made


Since I was felt I was falling further behind on the Malabrigo KAL, my sister suggested I just set the Sideways Shawl aside and go ahead and start the Temperance Shawl, so I decided to take her advise.

The Temperance Shawl is done in sections and I finished Section 1 - at least it is a start. It is challenging for me to work with this yarn (sock yarn) because it is a fine weight (1) and I have been used to working with worsted weight yarn (4) so it is a big difference.

Here is my yarn selection for the Temperance shawl - oh so pretty

And...here is the progress after completing Section 1

 




1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I can’t wait to see the finished shawls. Your yarn choices are great! Very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete