Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Lazy Day Macaroni Salad

I have had this recipe for years.  It actually comes from 2 sources.
1) Sublime Hodgepodge 
2) Tasty Kitchen

Sublime Hodgepodge actually indicates that the recipe was originally credited to Tasty Kitchen.  Initially, I found this The American Kitchen, which I believe the same blogger managed then one day * poof * it was gone because they decided to get rid of the blog (as you can see if you click on the link).  Luckily I was able to find it by searching archives.  Then Sublime Hodgepodge shut down the "new" blog in 2011 but luckily didn't delete it (even though she indicates that she was going to probably get rid of the blog in her last post)

 So...I thought before I lose it again, I should place it here on my blog where I will always be able to find it.

Lazy Day Macaroni Salad

  • 1 pound box Elbow Mac (or your choice of macaroni shape - I also like cavatappi)
  • 1 whole Small Onion Chopped
  • 2 stalks Of Celery, Chopped
  • 4 whole Hard Boiled Eggs, Chopped
  • Paprika, Salt  & Pepper to taste
  • Approx. 1/8 cup sugar  (again, to taste)
  • 1 cup Marzetti's Original Cole Slaw Dressing (or more to taste)
  • 2 whole Hard-boiled Eggs, Sliced (as edible decoration on top, optional)
Cook the macaroni according to the directions on the box.

While it cooks, chop your onions, celery, and eggs.

When pasta is cooked, drain. While it is still warm add the cole slaw dressing, onions, celery, chopped eggs, and add sugar, paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Mix together well, adding more dressing if you desire
.
Place salad in your serving bowl. Smooth out the top and place the sliced eggs on top. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.

1 comment: