Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Genealogy with a Twist

 As I've mentioned many times, I started working on my family tree and getting into Geneaology somewhere around 2013 or so - 10 years ago - wow!!

I have a friend, that I have known since I was about 12, she is like part of the family and really we consider her a sister and my parents always thought of her as another daughter.

She asked me to work on  her family tree a bit and while I haven't spent a lot of time working on hers, I did make some headway.

Well, one day, while working on her tree, the name  "Rebecca Schrader" popped up and and I thought...boy that name sounds familiar - I think I have someone on my tree with that name....so I checked and sure enough I did...not only that, it was the SAME Rebecca Schrader!!!

I just realized that my friend and I were actually related - somehow.  I never really mapped out the trees to make the connection, but I have now done that.  We are actually 6th cousins.  How cool is that??  

We have the same 5th Great Grandparents.  She knows we are related but I haven't told her how yet and I haven't shown her the connection below.  I'm going to laminate it and give it to her the next time I see her.  

It just makes you wonder how many people you know that you might be related to.  Well, I guess we are all related through Adam and Eve, but I can't trace back that far 😀

I know the image is small, you can click on it to enlarge a bit



No comments:

Post a Comment