Pages

Monday, September 2, 2024

Hot Diggity Dog

 

For your Labor Day eating pleasure.....

 



I was browsing Pinterest the other day and came up some "hot dog" recipes and thought...who needs a recipe for a hot dog?

I realized that most of them were more for different marinades, grilling and cooking methods and such.  One caught my eye and I decided to give it a try.

I have now discovered a new and favorite way to cook hot dogs!

FYI: For this "experiment", I used Nathan's Skinless hot dogs, because (a) they are delicious and (b) they were on sale for Labor Day weekend!

So, you will need

Hot Dogs
Water
Butter
Buns
Favorite Hot Dog Toppings

1) Place your hotdogs in a pan and fill with water until the water is 1/2 way up the hotdog.


2) Simmer hotdogs until all the water evaporates. Move the pan around a few times to roll the dogs so they cook evenly. You should see small boil bubbles around the hotdogs.


 

3) Once the water is about gone, drain off any remaining water and then add a little butter to the pan. Roll dogs around in the butter to coat.


4) Cook until the desired doneness.


5) Put in buns (best if you have steamed the buns ahead of time) and then top with your favorite toppings (PS: Don't fuss at me that ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog because in my opinion no hot dog is complete without ketchup)



No comments:

Post a Comment