Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2024

Livia Soprano's Afghan


I am way, way, way behind the times.  I have never watched "The Sopranos" but recently HBO had a marathon where they showed a full season each day for 7 days (they split the 6th season into 2 days) and while I know I could watch on MAX, I just haven't done it, and I wasn't sure it was my kind of show.

But I must say that I am 100% hooked on it and I currently just started watching Season 5.

Anyway, early on in the series, Tony Soprano's mother, Livia, was often shown at her house or at the retirement community along with her beautiful crochet afghan.

Let me just say...when you are a crocheter or a knitter, you always, always notice hats, scarves, cardigans, afghans and such that you can clearly see where made by someone!


The very first time it was on the screen, I noticed Livia's afghan.  I love the pattern, which appears to be the Sunburst Square, but I totally love the colors too.  I would love to make one to match and know that it would be pretty easy to do but...I'm as I've mentioned, I already have several WIPs, plus I have several PIM (projects in mind), so I don't need to add to the list.  But I totally love it and if I didn't have these other projects already in my queue, I would totally make this!





No comments:

Post a Comment