Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

 Do you say this on the first day of the month?  I read about it a few years ago and I always TRY to remember to say it on the first day of the month.  When I first learned of this tradition, I discussed it with my friend, Amanda, who is originally from the U.K. and she said she does this.  We often text each other on the first with "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit"

"Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit" is a superstition found in Britain and North America wherein a person says or repeats the words "rabbit", "rabbits" and/or "white rabbits" aloud upon waking on the first day of a month, to ensure good luck for the rest of it. It should be the first words you say.

 It is February 1st, and I remembered to say it this morning, so I guess I will have a lucky month.

 


January went by fairly quickly, at least to me it seemed that way.  So I thought I would do a check in with my goals that I established at the first of the year.

1) Daily Bible Reading/Prayer - Good - I will admit that I am a few days behind in my reading plan.
    However, yesterday, on my off day, I set up a reading plan that will have me caught up-to-date
    by this coming Saturday.

2) Weight Loss/Eat Healthier/Exercise - Good - Weight loss is slow, but I am eating better and have
     incorporated Intermittent Fasting...I did some exercise in January, but not as much as I would
     have liked. So this is an area that needs a bit more attention in the upcoming month.

3) Watercolor - no painting in January and that is okay.

4) Crochet/Knit - Great - I completed 20 crochet hats for the homeless.

5)  Personal Journaling - Great - I am not journaling daily (yet) but I am journaling on a regular basis

6) House Projects - Good - haven't started the 2 big projects that I want but feeling more positive
    about tackling those projects than I have felt in the past.

7) Scrapbooking/Project Life - Excellent - I am current with my Project Life pages for the year
    (I'll post about that tomorrow)
    But the best thing this month was a took a course with Becky Higgins - it was a Documenting
    course that she held live for about 2 hours every day.  It was FULL of information and tips and
    inspiration.  I just love her! I have been a fan of hers since her Creative Keepsakes days.
    I remember when she had her son, Porter.  I met her (and the fabulous Lisa Bearnson) at a
    Scrapbook Convention when Porter was just a baby, and my friend told her how much she
    loved the name "Porter".
    Now, Porter is serving the first year of his LDS Mission. Wow!

8) Genealogy - Good - worked on my Ancestry site about an hour this month.

 I have several books that I use daily.  I think it helps to keep them out and visible at all times.


From Bottom to Top

  • Personal Journal
  • Daily Planner
  • Question A Day
  • Notebook Companion for ...
  • Achieve Anything in Just One Year (daily tasks to help you reach a goal)
  • One Year Bible (daily reading plan to help you read the Bible in 365 days)


No comments:

Post a Comment