Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

Welcome to 2023 - Here are some goals!

 I've mentioned before that I don't really make New Year's Resolutions anymore but I do still set goals...they are not all "annual" goals but just goals in general.

So...here are some goals I have currently have 

Bible/Prayer Time

I am currently following THIS READING PLAN if you would like to follow along with me.  I also listen to THIS PODCAST as I read.  While I am not Catholic, Father Mike's explains the passages that we read and it helps give me a bit of clarity and insight to God's word. 

I've really been praying and talking to God a lot so far this year...there is so much to thank Him for and so many people to pray for...honestly, I could pray like 24 hours a day and not cover everyone I want to.  I pray each morning after rising and each evening before going to bed, but more than that...I mean I pray all the time - in the car, at work, there is always time to prayer.  

My friend Amanda used to have a  method of praying and I'm not sure if she still does that.
On Monday, for example, she'd pray for friends, on Tuesday, she'd pray for the world, on Wednesday, she'd have gratitude prayers, something along those lines (I can't remember exactly).  But I'm more of a mish-mash and pray about a whole array of things every day.

I kind of follow the ACTS way

A – Adoration

Begin your prayer in adoration and praise of God. Let yourself be filled with wonder at who God is and how He desires to be with you, always.

C – Contrition

Next, ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you your sinfulness and need for God’s mercy and grace. Name to God particular sins you need forgiveness for at this moment.

T – Thankfulness

Spend some time now thanking God for the gifts in your life. Try to notice the gifts you often take for granted. 

S – Supplication

Lastly, lift up your cares and concerns to God. Pray for the people in your life, for those who are suffering, for the needs of all people throughout the world. Ask God to show you who to pray for today. 

 


Crafty Time

I am incorporating all crafts into this...I would like to make at least 6 prayer shawls this year (one every other month) for our church members who need comforting.

I want to finish up a couple of afghans that I have in progress - one is VERY old and I have a few more in mind that I would like to make.

I haven't been part of the dishcloth swap on Ravelry in a few years but I would like to participate this year.

Cricut time - I finally want to learn how to use HTV and make a t-shirt or two.  I know exactly what I want the first shirt to be...I just need to watch some videos and learn how to do it.  I also want to get together with my friend, Pam and show her how to use her Cricut.  I also would like to make my Christmas cards this year.  The hard part is deciding on a design.

Painting - would love to do some water coloring this year.

Scrapbooking - continue with my daily Project Life photos and perhaps even do a bit of "old fashioned" paper scrap booking

 

Healthy Time

Like most people, I want to have a healthier lifestyle.  I do fairly well, but know I could do better, especially on the exercise front.

 

Project Time 

There are still a few projects at home I want to do - not major but some organization things, going through old family photos and putting them together (photos that were in my late brother's possession and I now have), setting up an office/craft room, working on my family tree and genealogy research.This are not necessarily big projects but they are some that will take a lot of time...since I am planning on retiring this year...hopefully that will give me the time I need to do some of these things.


There are lots of other goals I have but I can't do everything I want to do so I just try to narrow my focus a little. We shall see how it goes...baby steps are the key - just don't bite off more than I can chew and take baby steps - remember...just put one foot in front of the other to get started


No comments:

Post a Comment