Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Easy Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Scampi


I was browsing Pinterest one day and stumbled upon Cooker of Deliciousness - a website maintained by a guy out of Kentucky.  He posts quick, easy videos. I assume he is on Tik Tok and you can find him there but I don't use Tik Tok, so luckily he has a website where I can find all his quick and easy recipes.

While browsing through his website, I saw what seemed to be a quick and easy Shrimp Scampi, using a Cast Iron Skillet, so I decided to give it a try.

I'm all for recipes that use few ingredients and this was one of them. I revised the recipe a bit to better suit the items I had on hand and personal preferences.

I actually had DanOs Cheesoning on hand in my pantry.  I recall that I bought it for a different recipe but now, for the life of me, I can't remember what it was.



Easy Cast Iron Skillet Shrimp Scampi

Ingredients:

  • 2 lbs jumbo shrimp peeled, de-veined
  • DanO's Cheesoning
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • 6 oz Land O' Lakes Garlic & Herb Butter
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions

  • Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
  • Wipe moisture off shrimp with paper towel and cut off tails
  • Place shrimp in bowl and season with DanO's Cheesoning and mix well



  • Place shrimp evenly in cast iron skillet
  • Drizzle olive oil over the top 



  • Pour chicken broth evenly over the top



  • Place dollops of butter evenly in the pan



  • Add grated Parmesan on top



  • Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes, until shrimp are pink and opaque





    I served it over Pasta-Roni (Olive Oil and Herb flavor), which I made according to package directions while the shrimp was in the oven.

    Let me tell you....this was SO GOOD.  It tasted as if it came from a restaurant.  It is definitely a keeper recipe.  Especially since dinner can be ready in less than 30 minutes. I think if you add a vegetable, such a steamed broccoli or a vegetable medley on the side, it would be a nice dish to serve when you have company.
     
    I heated the leftovers up in a saucepan the next day and it was just as good as the day I made it.



No comments:

Post a Comment