Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2024

Taco Tortellini



As I've mentioned before, I like quick and easy recipes. Kennedy Chugg, on Instagram (and I believe Tik Tok, although I'm not on Tik Tok) often posts 5 Ingredient, 20 minutes, $10 dinners, perfect!

I came across this post on Instagram.  She didn't really give the recipe a name, but I call it Taco Tortellini because it's Tortellini with seasoned Taco meat.


Taco Tortellini

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef (or ground turkey - I usually prefer turkey)
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (I prefer fire roasted or mild), but can also used diced tomatoes
1 package Taco Seasoning Mix 
Shredded Cheese (Cheddar or Mexican Blend)
1 family sized package of Tortellini (I used 3 cheese but can use any kind)

Directions:



Cook ground beef or ground turkey until brown and no longer pink. Drain fat (another reason I like turkey, there is hardly any fat to drain).



While meat is cooking, boil pasta until done (note: fresh pasta in the refrigerator section doesn't take long to cook, when it starts to float, its done). Drain pasta.


Add a can of undrained Ro*Tel tomatoes. If you'd like it a bit less spicy, substitute regular diced tomatoes. I like the extra kick that Ro*Tel adds to the flavor.  However, I do prefer the mild version or the fire-roasted version.  I don't like it TOO spicy.


Add the ground beef/rotel mixture to the cooked tortellini, add shredded cheese and stir.


You can top with extra cheese and some sour cream if desired.  Enjoy!!









No comments:

Post a Comment