Pages

Monday, August 19, 2024

Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler - aka Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cobbler


 

This summer has been a PEACHY summer for me.  I don't know why, but I can't seem to get enough peaches. 

I decided I wanted a peach cobbler but I didn't want to bother with peeling and cutting fresh ones so I decided to use Paula Deen's recipe from her first Lady & Son's Cookbook.

Some people call this Cuppa Cuppa Cuppa Cobbler, because you use a cup of sugar, a cup of flour and a cup of milk, then add your fruit.  

I love this recipe because you just dump it all in a pan and don't have to even stir it.

You can click on the photo above for a bigger/readable version.

 





 

Basically, put your butter in a baking dish and put in a 350 F degree oven until the butter melts.


 

Mix together the sugar, flour and milk and pour on top of the melted butter (do not stir)


 

Pour the canned peaches over the top (do not stir)


 

I always put a baking sheet on the bottom oven shelf and then put the cobbler on an oven shelf about that.  The cobbler will most likely spill over a little and it will make clean up much easier!!

Bake for about 40 minutes, until golden brown.

So good!!


 

NOTE:  I've made this with different brands of peaches and also made it with pears.  I have found that I prefer the Dole brand of fruit over Del Monte, pictured here (but that is a personal preference).

NOTE 2: You can sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar right after it comes out of the oven if you'd like, which I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment