Pages

Monday, May 2, 2022

April 2022 Recap

Time for the monthly check in to see how I am doing on my 2022 goals

Looking back, I see I didn't do a March check in - in fact, I didn't blog much at all in April.  I had a lot going on though and that is okay!

 So...here are how things are going.

1) Daily Bible Reading/Prayer - Excellent - I am 100% current with my daily reading.  I had company for 2 weeks so did get a little behind but...I caught up this past weekend and today will mark 122 days of reading. 

2) Weight Loss/Eat Healthier/Exercise - Ok - Good, but needs a little improvement.  I did start going back to the gym in March and was going 4-5 times a week...until company arrived 2 weeks ago.  My intention was to rise early and go to the gym before the company was awake but....I was also off work and took the opportunity to catch up on a little sleep myself.  So I haven't been to the gym in the past 2 weeks.  However, with company in town, we went everywhere and walked a lot - so I did get quite a bit of exercise in after all.  My eating was not the best while they were in town because I wanted them to enjoy our city's great restaurants - we ate out almost every meal!  BUT...I did well and ate small portions and sometimes shared a meal.  It must have worked because I lost a couple of pounds.

3) Watercolor - no painting so far this year...I have been thinking of ideas but just haven't put the brush to the paper yet.

4) Crochet/Knit - Working on another prayer shawl for church.  The pattern I am using is not very well written and I don't especially like the colors I am using - they are okay, but I don't "love" the colors and that makes me kind of set it aside a bit.  I plan on picking the current shawl up tonight and hopefully will finish it this week.

5)  Personal Journaling - Good - I am still not journaling daily though, which my "Achieve Anything In A Year" book says I should be doing.  I don't always have a lot to say, but according to my book, that shouldn't matter...I should still journal even if I write "I don't have much to write" - ha ha.  It's a work-in-progress.

6) House Projects - I got a lot done last month...of course still a lot to do...2 projects I had really, really, really been dreading are complete now - yea me!!  When I look at those completed projects, it brings me happiness.

7) Scrapbooking/Project Life - Excellent - I am current with my Project Life pages for the year.  I completed a book for the first year of my cats and I am though November 2021 on their 2nd year.  The first year took a long time because it was weekly, but the 2nd year is going faster since it is monthly.  My regular weekly pages are up-to-date - I pretty much keep up with that daily.  I do want to do some pages from my recent family visit.  I just can't decide if I want to incorporate it with my current year PL book or make a separate book.  I guess I will see how many pages I get first and go from there.  My inclination is to incorporate it with my current 2022 book - we will see.  I will post pages tomorrow.

8) Genealogy - A little progress - did some work on looking at the 1950 census, which finally was released - whoo hoo!  I added some references to some ancestors lines.  I really, REALLY, want to somehow put all this in a book...but how?  I have ideas and resources but it can get overwhelming.  I sure wish  Becky Higgins would offer a course on Heritage documenting...she just has a way to make everything seem easy and do-able. 

In SUMMARY - so far so good - some things are right on track and other things haven't quite gotten there, but if you look at the big picture, I'd say all my 2022 goals are going quite well.

Stay tuned tomorrow for Project Life pages.



No comments:

Post a Comment