Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2022

Vitage Recipe - Eggplant Delight

 I was researching a marriage announcement articles in July 20, 1935 edition of the The Palm Beach Post for some Geneaology research and I love browsing old newspapers.  It is interest to see ads and how much things cost and the front page headlines.

Sometimes I come across some old recipes, which are pretty interesting too.

Well...I came across this one.  Back in 1935, married women were generally referred by their husband's name instead of their first and last name so the article references Mrs. R.H. Dicken.  

Apparently, Mrs. Dicken's recipe was so good in 1935 that Better Homes & Gardens magazine awarded her a certificate of endorsement.

Now I like eggplant so thought..I might try this until I saw two words...POTTED MEAT

Eggplant with Potted Meat???  Sorry but that does not sound appealing. I wonder if anyone besides Mrs. Dicken every tried it?





No comments:

Post a Comment