Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Product Review - Trader Joe's Almond Croissants

I made a recent trip to Trader Joe's for a particular product and ended up picking up a few things.  The employee at the check out commented on every purchase I had made (except for one) and said "Oh, you picked all my favorites" and proceeded to tell me why she liked each item and even how to prepare some of them.  She was super friendly!!

So...I decided to do a product review on some of them.

First up...Almond Croissants.

Now...I have had the Chocolate Croissants before and they taste so similar to the ones I have had at the French Bake Shop in Las Vegas. I had never seen the Almond version before so decided to give them a try.

It is really cool how these bake up.  You lay them out the night before (or at least 9 hours before you plan on eating them) and you let them rise overnight.  Here they are from the frozen state. They look puny and flat and you you might be thinking - "uh...I'm not to sure about this"



 But after letting them sit overnight - you wake up to THIS - they double in size!!


 

It is impressive to see how much they rise.

The packages says to bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  My experience with the chocolate ones told me to go with 20 minutes and I am glad I knew that.  They were just the right amount of brown.


They have sliced almonds on top and some kind of almond (maybe marzipan) filling (which seeped out a little bit while baking).

Verdict! Very easy to bake, impressive looking, but a just a little bit on the sweet side for me.  I would get them again, especially if I were to have overnight guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment