Pages

Monday, February 26, 2024

Prayer Shawl



While I shared this shawl, while I was working on it, I didn't share it here once it was finished, even though I kind of did in my Project Life pages.  

I really, really enjoyed making this shawl.  If you don't know, when you are knitting or crocheting a shawl for someone who needs prayer, you are praying over the shawl as you make it.  I always pray when I pick it up to work on it, when I set it down to pause from working on it and about every 10 rows. So I am praying for the recipient of the shawl the whole time I am making it.

Often, when you are making a prayer shawl, you know who you are going to give it to and can be more specific during your prayers.  However, we have a general prayer shawl ministry at our church, so I don't know who will end up with my shawl, so I just pray for healing, be it emotional, physical or both.

I had never worked with this yarn before, Lion Brand Scarfie, but I really liked it, it was so soft and the color was just lovely.  It wasn't a color (Charcoal/Aqua) I probably would have normally picked, but it was on clearance and with my Michael's rewards coupon, I got it for free! I wish you could feel how soft and squishy it is.

I used a pattern simply called "Shell Shawl" and it basically was a 2 row repeat of shells and v-stitches. It was a fun pattern, simple but not boring and I liked how quickly it worked up (that is when there wasn't a kitty cat wanting attention instead).


No comments:

Post a Comment