Pages

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

CAL - Cenise Shawl - Yarn Order

Debbie Field, of Madame Stitch (not to be confused with Debbi Fields, the founder of Mrs. Field's Cookies), is starting a crochet-a-long (CAL) for her Cenise Shawl.  

The CAL begins on August 5th and since I am making prayer shawls for church, I thought this would be a fun project 


A DK weight, superwash merino yarn has been especially hand-dyed just for this shawl. The colorway is called "Wild Blue"

Wild Blue is a bright cobalt blue that is a tonal semi-solid blue hand dyed yarn with light speckles of the same blue dye.  It's inspired by jumping into a cool lake on a hot summer day.  Which is why its perfect for a CAL in August! 


I suppose you could substitute another DK weight yarn/color.  But I rather like this and it was dyed specifically for this CAL.

I'm looking forward to starting it.  It's been a while since I've participated in a CAL and this isn't a big project so I think it will be perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment