Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2024

Nancy Comic Strip Is Different

The comic strip character "Nancy" was first introduced in the comic strip "Fritz Ritz" in 1933, she was introduced as Fritz' 8 year old niece but she became so popular that the strip was changed in 1938 and became "Nancy".

I've always enjoyed Nancy.  It is a nice, uncomplicated little comic with her Aunt Fritz and Nancy's friend "Sluggo"

Well..last month for some unknown reason...Nancy's drawings changed.  As far as I am aware, the artist didn't change, but the strip is drawn differently.

Let me just say I AM NOT A FAN of the change.  Nancy and her little friend Sluggo were cute and looked like little comic strip kids.  I mean just look at how cute they are.


Now...they are just kind of basic line drawings that I can only guess are drawn on a computer, instead of being hand drawn.  In addition, they look like teens now instead of cute little 8 year olds.

 
I have not been able to find any explanation for this change.  The closest thing I found was this strip, which doesn't explain the reason for the change, but let's just say they started looking different after this.  By the way I went to the website listed there in the last panel but it didn't give any information.
 

 

Look how Aunt Fritz used to look.  A woman who dolled up and had this pretty head full of long curly dark hair.

Now look at her - boring and blah!!

Why, why, why did they change Nancy? 

If you are reading this and you can find out why, I'd appreciate a comment letting me know because I am not happy about it and want to know why they'd ruin this comic strip.





No comments:

Post a Comment