Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2024

The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings

 Just like the Harry Potter movies, that I can watch over and over again....The Hobbit movie series and The Lord of the Rings movie series are also movies that I can as well.  These movies are rather long though, coming in at almost 3 hours each!  Therefore, I never watch them when they are on broadcast TV.  I only watch on HBO or some other non-commercial outlet.

They are just so beautiful.  They are so well written and wonderful adaptations of the books. The special effects are incredible, and they are so entertaining and just so....well...eloquent.  The musical score throughout the movies only add to the magic of it. 

Today, I'm having a Hobbit movie marathon and while watching the ending credits of the 2nd Hobbit movie "The Desolation of Smaug", I heard and was reminded of this hauntingly beautiful song by Ed Sheeran.  I never heard it on the radio but in my opinion, it should have gotten a lot of airplay.


No comments:

Post a Comment