Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Year - Welcome 2022


 

Wow! That sounds so weird to say 2022 !!  I remember when I was little how futuristic the year 2025 sounded and now that is only 3 years away!

Like everyone, I am about tired of COVID-19.  Every time things seem to get a little better, then it starts getting worse again.

In our office, we had a record number of COVID-19 cases in December 2021 - 47 people! So far, my department had avoided it but unfortunely someone in my department contracted it on 12/30/2021. 

Also, I had a cousin and a friend both contract the virus...my cousin (who believes the conspiracy theorist) was not vaccinated and had a pretty bad case, although luckily, wasn't hospitalized.  My friend, who had vaccines and boosters, had a very mild case.  

The Indigo Girls show that I was going to for New Year's Eve 2021 was postponed until New Year's Eve 2022 - oh well...I think it was for the best and at least I already have plans for New Year's Eve 2022!

As with the beginning of each year...I don't set "resolutions" per se, but I do set goals and make plans for the year.

 Some goals for this year are


1) Daily Bible Reading and Prayer.  I would REALLY love to read the entire Bible this year.  I set this goal almost every year and tend to slack off once the busy season comes at work...but I am really going to make a stronger effort this time around.


2) Lose weight/eat healthier/exercise.  That is also usually a goal I set each year.  I didn't really exercise much at all last year but I did okay with my eating habits "most" days.  I want to get back to the gym this month - I miss working out - I feel so much better when I do.  Plus, I would love to go back to Las Vegas (probably not in 2022 but in 2023, and want to have more endurance when I go so I can do more walking/exploring)

3) Watercolor.  I painted my first watercolor in 2021 and enjoyed it.  A goal for 2022 is to do at least 6 watercolor paintings.  Of course I would like to do more - maybe one a month at least but I don't want to stretch myself since I am a beginner so I am setting a goal for 6 paintings.

4) Crochet/Knit.  I am glad that my mojo for crochet and knitting returned in 2021 and in 2022, my goals are simple.  I want to make at least 6 prayer shawls for church (like the paintings, I would love to make at least 1 a month but I don't want to put pressure on myself so I am setting a goal for 1 every other month).  I also want to complete my Around the World Afghan (even though I fear I may run out of the yarn that is no longer manufactured) and I want to finish making hats for the homeless by January 15th of 2022.  I could have finished them before the end of the year but I had company and that slowed things down a bit.  I also have a kit that I bought from Mary Maxim that I would like to make. 

Last year I didn't participate in the dishcloth exchange on Raverly for various reasons but I would love to do that again this year, so hopefully I can do so.   

5) Personal Journaling.  I used to journal, a LOT, but it got a big difficult because of carpal tunnel syndrome.  It is easier to type but at the same time, I don't always feel like dragging the computer out and typing, especially when I have been on the computer all day at work.  I think I will start writing again in a journal and see how it goes - if the carpal tunnel problem makes it difficult, I will go back to typing - not sure if I will journal daily, but at least 4-5 times a week, even though daily is preferred.

I am grouping blogging in here too - I plan to blog a little more in 2022 then I did in 2021.  More new recipes to try, more crochet/knitting projects to share, etc.

6) House projects - there are LOTS of projects I want to do around the house but I have 2 primary projects.  One is to clean out a spare room so I can set it up as an office/craft room and the other is to clean out the garage...there is just too much stuff stored in there.  There are lots of other things but I am just setting those as goals for this year.

7) Scrapbooking and Project Life - I kept up with Project Life in 2021 - whoo hoo!  I plan to continue doing Project Life/Project 365 using the PL App in 2022.  I just can't decide what kit to use this year.

 


8) Genealogy - I don't have a lot of goals this year for genealogy research simply because I have other things (see above) that I plan to give priority.  However, I would like to find a way to perhaps organize in some kind of binder - at least for my mom and her direct ancestors - nothing especially fancy, just something that she can hold, look at and share. But I plan to make this a bigger project in 2023 - hopefully I will be retired then (at least that is the plan)

So there it is...lots of goals and a bit ambitious this year but I feel it is important to have some specific goals for the year.

I hope those reading this has a HAPPY NEW YEAR and that 2022 is the year that COVID-19 goes away and you and your family have a fabulous year!!


 




2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too! I do hope to blog more in 2022, unfortunately for me I always say that and for some reason it doesn't happen. Maybe this will be my year for that.
    You're goals are awesome, some very similar to mine ie; journal, scrapbook, knit etc. I hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your goals and I understand about blog updates, life just gets so busy and blogging must often take a back seat. Hope to see some updates from you soon.

      Delete