Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2022

Instant Pot Recipe - Cheese Ground Beef


 

I haven't used my Instant Pot much in the past 6 months so I browsed Pinterest and found this recipe for Instant Pot Cheesy Ground Beef.  I had company in town last week so decided to give this a try.

It was pretty good.  I might try it with riced Cauliflower to make it lower in carbs.  

Also, if I make this again, I would leave out the corn...you can't really taste it and I don't think it adds anything to the dish.

 


Instant Pot Cheesy Ground Beef & Rice

  • 1 teaspoon butter or oil
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
  • 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce  (next time I would use a full 14 oz can)
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste (next time I would omit)
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
  • 1 cup canned or frozen and defrosted corn, drained (next time I would omit)
  • 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
  • 2 cups Cheddar cheese or a cheddar/monterey jack mixture 

  • Turn Instant Pot to "saute" mode. When hot, add the butter or oil and coat the bottom. Add the ground beef and cook and crumble it until no pink remains. Turn Instant Pot off. 
  • While ground beef cooks, mix together the chicken broth, tomato sauce, tomato paste, milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a medium bowl. 
  • Pour chicken broth mixture into the Instant Pot and add the corn. Stir to mix and be sure there is nothing stuck to the bottom of the Instant Pot. 
  • Add rice. Do NOT stir. Use a spoon to make sure all the rice is submerged in the liquid. 
  • Cover and set to "Manual" for 8 minutes (High Pressure). Be sure valve is in sealing position. 
  • Do a quick pressure release and then remove the lid. Add cheese, stir it in. Replace the lid for a few minutes to melt the cheese. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment