Pages

Monday, January 17, 2022

Hats for the Homeless

 

I mentioned last month that I took a little break from making prayer shawls so I could concentrate on crocheting prayer hats.

My goals was to make 20 hats.  Of course the holidays were among us and I had visitors for 3 weeks so I didn't get them completed as quickly as I would have liked, but I just finished them...and just in time too since it has turned rather cold here and we actually had a bit of snow over the weekend (the first we've had in 4 years)

The stray cat I took in (or should I say that forced her way in) about 2 years ago, and we have estimated her age at about 3 1/2 along with one of her babies, who is now is about 1 1/2  have never seen snow before...so they were pretty curious as to what this white stuff was that was falling out of the sky.

It was fun watching them, watch the snow

 



 
 
Since it was a cold & snowy day yesterday (and what would have been my dad's  88th birthday), I just stayed home, watched the Veronica Mars movie and 4th season (made years after the original series) and crocheted - so I was able to make the remaining 5 hats.

This is a great pattern and I can make a hat in about an hour (that is, unless a kitty cat jumps up in my lap and requires some cuddling - - which I don't mind putting my yarn aside for that).

The pattern is called Boy Beanie by Laura Killoran and can be found in the book "Stitch 'n Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker" (I'm not crazy about the title, but it is a great book)
 
 
While I made each hat, I said a prayer for the person that is going to receive it - that they will come to know the Lord and have a close and personal relationship with Him and that they will be able to fight the battles they face so they can stop living on the streets.
 
I hope they help in keeping 20 people a little bit warmer than they would have been.
 

 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that's so kind of you to crochet hats! I'm sure each person who gets one will be so thankful!! I too have a couple of those "Stitch N Bitch" books and they are very good, in-spite of the title.

    ReplyDelete