Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2022

Jalapeño Popper Quiche

 


I recently made a couple of quiches.  I thought I would share this recipe first.  It was very easy to make and was a bit different than your usual quiche.  

Although this has Jalapeño Peppers, it wasn't spicy, because I removed all the seeds.  It just gave it that delicious flavor of a Jalapeño Popper.  YUM!

Jalapeño Popper Quiche
(adapted from Sarah's Kitchen)

 


1 frozen pie crust
1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2  jalapeños, diced 
1/2  jalapeño, sliced into 8 rounds
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
5 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400.

Prick the bottom of the pie crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.

While the pie crust is baking, heat the milk and cream in a small saucepan until barely simmering and dice the Jalapeños.  




When the pie crust has baked for 10 minutes, remove from oven and lower the oven to 350.  Spread the softened cream cheese over the bottom of the crust, and top with the diced jalapenos.
 

In a bowl lightly beat the 5 eggs, and slowly add the warm milk and cream.  Stir in the spices.

Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake for 40 minutes.
 


Remove from oven and top with grated cheese and 8 jalapeno slices, bake for 5 more minutes.  
 

 
I don't know about you, but I really enjoying dicing peppers...peppers of any kind.  I love the smell of peppers and they dice up so nicely...it is just kind of a satisfying and relaxing thing to me.
 
This quiche is good for breakfast but I prefer to eat it for dinner...as I mentioned, if you remove the seeds, it isn't spicy, but just has that tasty pepper flavor.  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment