Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2024

December 2023 Project Life

The holidays are not easy for everyone.  Christmas and New Years are difficult for me since my dad and brother passed.  My dad was in the hospital from Oct 31st until Jan 13th.  His birthday in Jan 16th.  My brother passed on Oct 29th and his birthday was Jan 1st, so the holidays just feel empty.  This year I tried to focus on the blessing in my life.  It helped a bit.  I know my dad and brother wouldn't want us sulking, but it is hard to sit around the holiday table when they are missing from it.  

Our family is small, but Christmas dinner use to have my parents, my 2 siblings, my sister-in-law, neice, her husband and now she has a daughter.  Now, usually it is my mom and I having dinner together.  Dad and Billy are no longer with us.  My sister usually stays home to take care of the pets (which I am so grateful for).  My sister-in-law is in Minnesota and my niece and her family are in New Zealand.  It's hard sometimes...but I am so grateful for my family, even though we can't always be together and what an incredible blessing that I can spend Christmas with my mother!!!  My friend Susan was able to join us this year for Christmas too, so that was nice. 

Bittersweet moment this month: My beloved dentist and his assistant retired.

A highlight this month...my friend's daughter got married!! I'm so happy for her and her groom is one lucky fella!!

Click on the photo to enlarge




                    






Some Crafty Gifts I Made This Month








No comments:

Post a Comment