Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Graduation Card


One of my oldest friends, who've I've known for 25 years and who I tremendously respect, has a daughter graduating this week. I can't believe it! It doesn't seem like that long ago that his son was born and then 15 months later along came this beautiful girl. His children really are beautiful kids, inside and out - but they have great parents so it only makes sense that their kids turned out so well.

Anyway, I wanted to make her a card for graduation and decided to make one with Hello Kitty, but it just didn't feel right - so I pulled out my Cricut handbooks and started browsing. I really wanted to use my newest cartridge - Create a Critter, which is probably the best one they've come out yet for making cards - I could use this cartridge for days!

I found the cutest little owl and branch in there and thought it looked kind of scholarly so I made this card with it. All paper is Die Cuts with a View (DCWV) card stock.

I thought it needed some pattern paper in the background but it just looked too busy so I left it just plain - I'm happy with it and I am sure she will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment