Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

National Safe Place - Sign Change

National Safe Place is a wonderful organization...When kids and teens find themselves in crisis or need a place to stay, they should know how and where to get help. Young people deserve safety and shelter and unfortunately, some kids don't have either.  But thanks to Safe Place, help for teens is never too far away.

National Safe Place is an outreach program designed to provide access to immediate help and safety for all youth in crisis.

One such sponsor of Safe Place in my are is QuikTrip.  I love, love, love, love, love QT !!!  Did I mention I love QT.  Not only do they have the best gas prices in town, they have good food and the BEST ICED TEA ever!  In addition to all that - they support Safe Place.

Well......

One day my sis and I noticed the Safe Place sign hanging up outside QT


 Now....I was thinking this but didn't say anything but apparently my sister was thinking the exact same thing and she said "I don't know about you...but that doesn't look safe to me - looks like someone is molesting that child"  We had a good laugh about it because that is exactly what we thought it looked like.  We said we guess they are suppose to look like they are hugging the child or just putting their arms around the child in a protective way but it seriously looks like they are grabbing the kid's ta-tas.  Which to us, did not imply "Safety"

Well...we must not have been the only people that thought this.  Today when I stopped by QT for the BEST ICED TEA ever, I notice the sign is different now.


Ahh - much better - shows a house - implies we can find a safe home for you.  I also see when you go to their website, that this is their logo and all over their website - no indication of the previous molester-ish sign.  Good for you Safe Place for your service and for changing your sign.  I like it now !  Keep up the good work!

March 17th - 23rd is National Safe Place week - if you would like to make a donation this cause, please go to http://nationalsafeplace.org/ and click "Donate Now" - no donation is too small - you could be helping a kid you know.

Also...support your local QT and get some of the BEST ICED TEA ever while you are there !

No comments:

Post a Comment