Sunday, April 14, 2013
Mia Farrow - Interesting Facts
Today I found myself watching an almost 40 year old movie called "The Haunting of Julia" staring Mia Farrow. I kept wondering who the actor was that played her husband because he looked so familiar so I went to imdb.com to find out (turns out it was Keir Dullea who I recognized because he played Dave in 2001: A Space Odyssey).
While poking around to see what thing Mia and Keir have been in recently, I discovered some interesting facts about Mia Farrow that I never knew.
1) She is the daughter of Maureen O'Sullivan. I didn't know that - I knew she was the daughter of director John Farrow but didn't know that she had a famous mom too - now I know where she got her beauty.
2) She was married to Frank Sinatra for 2 years. He was 48 and she was only 19, which mean she was younger than her step children, Nancy Sinatra and Frank Sinatra, Jr.
3) She has 15 children!
4) She and John Lennon were really good friends. In fact, he wrote the song "Dear Prudence" about her sister.
5) She lives in a huge rent-controlled apartment building next door to the legendary Dakota apartment building. This is where John Lennon was living when he was killed (right in front of the building). In addition, is is also the building that was used as the apartment where her character lived in "Rosemary's Baby"
6) She was featured on People magazine's first published issue (March 4, 1974)
There are a lot of other interesting facts about her, most of which I knew . . . but I found the above to be rather interesting. I wonder if she has an autobiography, I bet it would be interesting....off to check.....
Nov 2013 Update
She does have a biography - called "What Falls Away". I am going to have to get this and read it.