Pages

Friday, June 5, 2020

Office Pet Peeve of the Day



I admit, I have several office pet peeves, I am sure everyone does.

Today it involves managers.  I, myself, am a manager - I even manage managers.  This isn't about anyone on my staff but rather someone else that I work with.

I do not like what I call "power authority" managers or what I consider down right "lazy" managers.

Case in point:

This manager will call her employee to come see her in her office.
Employee gets up and goes to manager's office
Manager tells employee "Go down the hall and ask Debra XYZ"

Employee walks down hall, comes to ask me the question
I give employee answer
Employee goes back down the hall and relays answer
Manager says "Go back and ask her ABC"

Employee walks down hall, comes to ask me the question
I give employee answer
Employee goes back down the hall and relays answer
Manager says "Go back and ask her DEF" (These are follow up questions to the answers I had given)

This goes on and on for 30-40 minutes.

WHY CAN'T THE LAZY MANAGER, JUST PICK UP THE DARN PHONE AND ASK ME THE STUPID QUESTION HERSELF?

WHY?  Because she wants to push her employees around and show that she is in charge and she likes getting people to jump at her command...plus she is to dog gone lazy to get off her sorry butt and walk 50 steps down the hall to ask me herself.

DRIVES ME BATTY - it is disrespectful to your employees and disrespectful to the person you send the employee to (me!)

Today, this particular manager isn't in the office.  Instead she calls the employee (who I have never even met) and tells the employee to see if I am in and then ask me a question.  A question with a simple answer that (a) the manager could have called and ask me herself or (b) the manager could look it up in the system herself - seriously!!

No comments:

Post a Comment