Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Carrot Cake Double Doozies


I wanted to make a carrot cake to take to work as an early Easter treat for my co-workers but...one of my co-workers is known as "the cake lady" and she is making a carrot cake next week for someone's birthday, so I didn't want to have 2 carrot cakes back to back.  I will probably make the carrot cake that I've been wanting to try this weekend and take it to my friend Brian's for Easter.

So, I was thinking...what can I take to work?  Then I remembered how popular my Red Velvet Double Doozies had been so thought, 'why can't I make them but with a Carrot Cake twist to them?'

And . . . that is just what I did.

This makes about 20 cookies.  I doubled the recipe for the cookies but not the filling (since I remembered I had more than enough last time).

Carrot Cake Double Doozies
Cookies:
1 box carrot cake mix (I used regular not the Deluxe kind - no raisins for me!)
2 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups confectioner’s sugar

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil (mixture will be thick).

Roll into balls about the size of a walnut and place a couple of inches apart on an un-greased cookie sheet (I line it with parchment paper)

Bake in pre-heated oven 8 – 10 minutes (until tops kind of look cracked).

Removed from oven, set aside until completely cooled.

Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until blended. Add milk, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar (a cup at a time) and blend until smooth and creamy (should be slightly thick but spreadable) – add milk a little at a time to thin or add more confectioner’s sugar to thicken.

When cookies are completely cooled, spread filling on half of the cookies, top with the other halves.

I wish I had some pecans to roll the edges in but I didn't have any.  But it didn't matter, they were still very yummy !!


No comments:

Post a Comment