Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Marmalade Meatballs

I decided I wanted to try some new recipes this year - I'd like to make a new recipe once a week but realistically, I would be happy to try one at least every other week...we will see how it goes.

I have so many recipes saved on Pinterest that I thought I would start there.  First up..Marmalade Meatballs.  I love those little grape jelly/chili sauce meatballs that are always found at baby showers and Christmas parties so I decided to seek out a different kind of appetizer meatball.  I like Asian flavors and these seemed like it would fit the bill so I gave them a try.

I  must say that I really liked them.  They were good and tangy - love the orange flavor that stood out.  While eating them, I thought --- this sauce would be great with pork chops or chicken so I might try it again and substitute one of those for the meatballs.


Marmalade Meatballs
(courtesy of Taste of Home)
Yield: about 5 dozen.

1 bottle (16 oz) Catalina salad dressing
1 cup orange marmalade
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 pkg (32 oz) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed (don't use Italian style)


In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, marmalade, Worcestershire sauce and pepper flakes. Note: I only used 1/2 tsp. as the recipe says but I would like a little more heat so next time I will probably use a whole teaspoon.


Stir in meatballs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.


Notice how the meatballs kind of plump up a little once done, you can let them cook a couple of hours more.  The longer they cook, they more the flavor the meatballs absorb.


They are good - I think I will take these to my next party instead of the traditional kind of meatballs.  If you try them, let me know what you think in the comments.



Printable Version

No comments:

Post a Comment