Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Crab & Swiss Instant Pot Mini Quiche Bites




I have been looking for some recipes to make something for breakfast that I could put in the freezer and quickly microwave.

I saw a recipe for Instant Pot Egg Bites and decided to try the method but put my own twist to it by making my Crab & Swiss Quiche into these Mini Quiche Bites.

I bought this silicone mold on Amazon (isn't that where we buy everything?) and it was perfect. They cooks so quickly, I could have doubled the batch and cooked it twice but since I was testing it out...I only made a single batch.



Crab & Swiss Instant Pot Mini Quiche Bites

4 large eggs
1/4 cup (2 oz) heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup (3 oz) grated Swiss cheese
1/2 cup (4 oz) imitation crab
salt & pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt)
Old Bay Seasoning (optional) *

In a mixing bowl, beat eggs with a wisk, add whipping cream, Swiss cheese, crab and salt & pepper and mix well.


Pour the mixture into the molds, filling each one about 80% full.

Cover the mold tightly with aluminum foil (I use Heavy Duty foil)



Place the inner pot into the Instant Pot and add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pot. Place the filled and covered silicone mold onto the trivet that came with the Instant Pot and carefully lower the trivet and mold into the Instant Pot.

Lock the lid onto the pressure cooker (I love that little sound it makes), ensure the value is set to the seal position.  Press Steam and set the timer for 10 minutes at high pressure.



When the time is up, the Instant Pot goes will make a small beeping sound and display L0:00.  Leave the instant pot alone to allow for Natural Pressure release for 10 minutes.



When completed, move the value to quick release to release any extra pressure.



Using pot-holders, carefully remove the trivet and silicone mold from the Instant Pot, remove the foil and invert the mold onto a plate - remove the mold and .... ta da ... yummy mini Crab & Swiss quiche bites are ready to eat.



If you'd like, you and put them in freezer bags (I used the small snack size bags) and place in the freezer.  When ready to eat, remove from freezer and microwave for 2 minutes until heated through.


* I didn't add Old Bay to this but after tasting it seemed like it could have used a little extra spice so I sprinkled Old Bay over it and it perfected it. So next time, I may add a bit before cooking, I would recommend about 1/4 tsp.

No comments:

Post a Comment