Pages

Monday, August 13, 2018

Ravelry Woes

I have officially decided that I will not post another thing in the forum on Ravelry.

Ravelry is a knitting/crochet site.  It is wonderful - has lots of patterns and a database for tracking your hooks, needles, books, magazines and projects.

It also has forums.  On the forums, when someone posts something, you can press a button similar to the "like" button on Facebook - the choices on Ravelry are:

Educational
Interesting
Funny
Agree
Disagree
Love

I am so tired of so many people selecting DISAGREE on something I post that is a personal opinion.

Example 1: Someone will ask a question, such as "What kind of cotton yarn do you like for making dishcloths?".  I will reply with "My favorite brand is XYZ" and I will get something like 38 disagrees, yet there will only be maybe 5 replies to the question where others may give their preferred brand.

Well...my favorite brand is the one I listed so how can you disagree with what is MY favorite brand.  It may not be your favorite one, which is fine so list your favorite one, which is what the question was - disagreeing with my personal opinion doesn't help the person asking the question.

Example 2: Someone asks a question "Where can I buy XYZ yarn?"  I will reply with "I just bought some last week, I got it at Hobby Lobby" and I will get 25 disagrees.  Why in the world would 25 people disagree with that?  I did buy the yarn last week and I did buy it at Hobby Lobby - were those 25 people with me when I bought it?  NO!  Yet, no one else chimes in to say where they bought XYZ yarn.

Example 3: Someone posts a picture of their afghan, I reply, that is really pretty - I like the colors and sure enough 12 people disagree with me.  WHAT?  Are you disagreeing that it is pretty - in which case you are being rude and telling the person that it is ugly...or...are you saying that I don't like the colors because how do you know what colors I like?

Example 4: This post is NOT my post...someone else posted the message below...You will notice that someone DISAGREED with her - now how in the world can you disagree with this?  I am just sick of cowards clicking the disagree button for stuff like this.....



So....from here on out - I am not posting on Ravelry's forum every again - I'm fed up with cowards who hide behind a computer screen and find it fun to disagree with stuff and not offer opinions of their own.



1 comment: