Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

W.I.P. Wednesday - I am Groot (again)

 

 

This really shouldn't be WIP Wednesday because I have already finished it but WIP Wednesday sounds better than F.O. Wednesday (Finished Object, not what you may have been thinking...) 😁

 We have really been dealing with some things in my family the past few months.

First, my cousin was diagnosed with tongue cancer.  He is not a smoker and has never used any type of tobacco products.  He just finished his 6 weeks of radiation and chemo and we are so glad for that.  Now we just hope and pray that the treatment was successful.

My aunt was diagnosed with cancer in her knee.  She had it before in the other leg but it was a different kind and thankfully she beat it.  However, this one was worse and the doctor's said the only chance of survival was amputation.  She went through with that.  We were so pleased with how well she came through it all and she was feeling great - no pain!! She had a great attitude and was doing her rehab and coming along.  Sadly, she took a very sudden turn for the worse this past weekend and passed away yesterday. They discovered the cancer had spread throughout her body and she there was no way she would have been strong enough to go through treatment and I don't know at that point if it would have even been an option.  She is at peace now and out of pain - no more suffering for her.  For that, I am grateful.

The same aunt's daughter (my cousin) is married and her husband was diagnosed about the same time as my other cousin and my aunt, with cancer too - his was tonsil cancer.  I thought...why don't they remove them, but for some reason that didn't seem to be the road the doctor's wanted to take.  He is still going through his radiation/chemo treatments and seems to be responding well.

His favorite movie is Guardians of the Galaxy and according to my cousin, they watch it every week, sometimes more than once a week.  She asked if I would make him a Baby Groot.

Well...how would I say no to that?  I love my cousin-in-law!!  I was happy to make it for him.

 My only issue was I couldn't find the yarn I wanted to use.  In the past, I used Red Heart Super Saver (RHSS) in Cafe Latte.  I couldn't find it anywhere!  So I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in brown.  Groot still came out pretty cute but a tiny bit darker than I like him to be.  I like him to be a little lighter brown so you can see his smile a little better.

 I sure hope he likes him! I know my little kitten sure was curious about him.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I’m so sorry to hear about your family’s struggle with cancer. And your aunt passing so suddenly? My heart goes out to you and your family.
    Your Groot is adorable!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete