Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Whatever happened to Ralphie ???


I remember Thanksgiving weekend in 1983, my best friend and I wanted to get in the holiday spirit and went to see a new Christmas movie called "A Christmas Story"....we thought it was hilarious - in fact, we even went back to the theater to see it again about a week later. We loved it and had no idea at the time that it would one day be considered a "classic" Christmas movie.

Of course we could related to the Christmas wishes of a cute little boy named "Ralphie" - played by Peter Billingsley.  How cute was he ?  I thought he had the bluest eyes !


We both thought - what an incredible actor to be just a kid !  He did a great job and pretty much carried the whole movie.  (All the actors were great but let's face it - it was all about "Ralphie")

That movie wasn't what you would call a blockbuster at the time, in fact it only earned about $ 2 million on its opening weekend but now, every Christmas you can catch it on TBS for 24 straight hours!  It is great and I think it is probably my mom's favorite Christmas movie. 

Have you ever wondered what that cute little boy grew up to look like as an adult ?  Well, wonder no more...here he is....


Dag - gum...he is still cute - look at those beautiful blue eyes still sparkling...

I don't know about you but I think he aged VERY well.  My, my, my !!!


1 comment:

  1. LOL! He is still good looking.
    We met "Randy" at The Christmas Story house in Cleveland, 2 years ago. He is a REALLY great guy!
    LOVE this movie!

    ReplyDelete