Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fleetwood Mac - Atlanta June 10, 2013


I have a story I like to tell about how I became best of friends with one of my bestest friends !!!! 
Back in the year 19-mumble-mumble, my friend, Anita and my other friend Cathy (both of them my co-workers at that time) had tickets to go see Stevie Nicks at Chastain Park Amphitheater.  Anita is a fan of Stevie's and Chastain is a great place to see a show.

Well...hours before the show, Cathy canceled and Anita was very disappointed.  So...near the end of the day she said "Do you know anyone that would like to buy these tickets? Cathy canceled.  She isn't worried about losing the money but I don't want to eat my ticket, so I'd like to sell them if I can".  She looked so disappointed.  I said "Well....I don't know anyone that would like to buy them but...if you are looking for someone to go with you, I will buy Cathy's and go with you."  She was like "REALLY??" I had never seen Stevie before and liked her so so "Yes, I would like to go".  So...we went (by the way...I got to go for free - since Cathy felt bad about canceling, she let me have the ticket)

We had such a great time that night and although we were friends before, we had never really done anything together before then.  After that though - we became best of friends - went to movies, plays, concerts and road trips together.  I truly can NOT imagine my life without her in it.  Several years later, due to several factors, she moved back to her hometown and about a year later, she had her son, who is my Godson and I love that kid so much - I'd do anything for him. 

Anyway....her birthday is coming up and what in the world did I see but nothing else that Fleetwood Mac was touring again and guess where they were coming - ATLANTA !!!  I wanted to make sure she would be able to get away and make the trip so I couldn't keep it a secret - she would have to drive over 8 hours after all....I told her about the concert and she didn't hesitate - she said " GET THEM !!"

She, her sister and her son all came down Friday and stayed the weekend.  We had a great time, we watched some scary movies (I still can't believe he talked me into watching "Mama" (which actually was pretty good). We met about 10 or 12 former co-workers for dinner, we had dinner at Dante's Down the Hatch another night (Fondue - a new experience for them both), took some photos downtown and hit the Krispy Kreme

The highlight, and I think she will agree, was The Fleetwood Mac concert.  Oh my gosh!  She had seen them before but I never have.  They are A-MAZ-ING !!!!  They sang hit-after-hit-after-hit and they had a new song "Sad Angel", which I loved!  They performed for almost 3 hours and did 2 encores.  I have a new found respect for Lindsey Buckingham - that dude can PLAY !!!!  He blew me away!  Stevie is just as beautiful as ever and is incredibly talented. 

I took some photos with my cell phone but they didn't come out well - too bad - but I did find the set list from last night.  If they are coming to your town - do NOT hesitate - GO !!!!!!



Fleetwood Mac Setlist Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA, USA, Fleetwood Mac Live 2013

PS: Stevie said that was the first time "Sisters of the Moon" had performed on stage since 1981!  She was very personable and talked the audience a lot - so did Lindsey - they seemed to be enjoying themselves.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment