Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Johnny Appleseed Sings - The Lord is Good to Me

This is a Disney Cartoon from 1948. I remember watching these Disney folklore tales, such as Paul Bunyan and this one...Johnny Appleseed in Elementary school.

 I love this song - how can you not be happy and cheerful after hearing it? It is a great way to start the day. It is a shame that Disney is too afraid to use references to God in their cartoons any more. Wouldn't it be nice if they could/would still do that?

If you'd like to see the whole version of Melody Time (1948) with Johnny Appleseed - CLICK HERE




The Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need
The sun, the rain and an appleseed
Yes, He's been good to me

I owe the Lord so much
For everything I see
I'm certain if it weren't for Him
There'd be no apples on this limb
He's been good to me

Oh hear and mighty blue, blue sky
a doin' as I please
Singing with my feathered friends
Humming with the bees

I wake up every day
As happy as can be
Because I know that with His care
My apple trees, they will still be there
Oh the Lord is good to me !!

No comments:

Post a Comment