Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Cheater Pot Pie

I love Chicken Pot Pie - but not the frozen variety.  I only like homemade.  I think the reason I don't like the frozen kind is because of the meat - the squares of chicken just do not taste right to me.  I don't know....I came across this recipe about 7 or 8 years ago on Allrecipes.com and gave it a try.

I thought it was pretty good and I hadn't made it in a while. 

Here is the ORIGINAL version on Allrecipes.com but I changed it more to my personal tastes.


CHEATER POT PIE
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 (8 ounce) can mix peas & carrots
1 (8 ounce) can corn, low sodium, drained
1/2 pound  cooked chicken, diced or shredded
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
Black pepper to taste (the soup and veggies have enough salt so I don't add extra)
1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated layered biscuits
1/2 cup shredded cheese (optional)
Dash of Italian Seasoning (optional)


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with melted butter; reserve some of the melted butter.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine vegetables and chicken; cook until vegetables are tender. Fold in soup; mix well. Pour in milk and mix until smooth; mixture should not be runny. Add pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and spread mixture into bottom of pie pan. Separate biscuits into layers and place gently on top of mixture. Drizzle remaining butter on top of biscuit layers.  Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning (if desired)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment