Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

June 2014 Movies

Movies that I saw in the month of June 2014 that were new (to me)

Maleficent - oh my gosh!!!  My favorite movie so far this year.  It was just soooo good.  Angelina Jolie was perfect.  It was a different twist on the Sleeping Beauty story.  It was so visually beautiful (I saw it in 3D) and the special effects, makeup & costumes were fantastic.  Just such a great movie!  I may even go see it again.

Blended - The third movie to star Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore together.  I just love them together!  They seem like good friends in real life and that they would have a lot of fun on the set.  This movie didn't disappoint.  I didn't like it as much as the Wedding Singer but I liked it more than 50 First Dates - all three are great movies in my eyes.  If you are an Adam Sandler fan, you will really like this one because characters from his other movies make surprise appearances (I'm not saying who because I don't want to spoil it) but you will spot them !  Very cute movie !!

Enough Said - I liked this more than I expected to - starring the Julia Louis-Dreyfus and the late James Gandolfini.  It had a cute twist.  She meets him and is interested in him and starts dating him.  Meanwhile, she takes on a new female client and she and the client strike up a great friendship.  They both gripe about their exes.  But...she soon finds out that her new friend's ex, is the guy she is currently dating - oh no...what a pickle to be in.  It is steady paced but not slow - pretty cute!

The Great Gatsby - (the newer one - starring Leonardo DiCaprio).  I wanted to see this when it was released in the theaters but never got a chance too.  Now I am glad I didn't waste the money.  I just knew I would love this movie and truth be told, I didn't !  The sets were amazing, the costumes were incredible.  But....the movie is suppose to be set in the 1920s, right?  It is, they even tell you it is ! However, they are playing rap music through the whole thing.  I am not a big fan of rap music anyway but I like some okay.  This movie was RUINED by the music - it just didn't fit and was so out of place.  Why oh why oh why, when there was such great music in the 20s, did they ruin this movie

by adding songs like 100$ Bill by Jay Z, Back to Black by Beyonce and Andre and Bang Bang by will.i.am?  Remind me to not watch any films by Baz Lurrman every again.


No comments:

Post a Comment