Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

July 2014 Movies

These are new (to me) movies that I saw in July 2014

Jersey Boys - I saw the broadway show and loved it so was happy when the movie came it - it didn't disappoint.  Very good!  Great music!

Grown Ups 2 - I love Adam Sandler and liked Grown Ups but this movie was awful.  Sorry Adam :(

Take Me Out To the Ballgame - a 1949 musical.  Starring Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly, Esther Williams &Betty Garrett so you know it was good !

Remembering the Artist, Robert De Niro, Sr. - a documentary about the artwork of Robert De Niro, Sr. (the famous actor's father).  Very interesting.

Coyote Ugly - yes, I think the entire free world has seen this movie and yes, I know it is about 14 years old, but I never saw it, believe it or not, so finally decided to watch it.  I liked it.  It isn't something I would watch over and over but it was a decent enough movie.

Edge of Tomorrow - If you know me, you know that I LOVE TOM CRUISE MOVIES !!!  The man is so incredibly talented and he not only is an amazing actor, he does his own stunts and they are phenomenal stunts !  On top of that he has the looks and the charm.  I can't believe he hasn't ever won an Oscar - so unfair!  Anyway.  this movie, by far, has been my favorite so far this year.  I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.  It is futuristic - about an alien war.  The plot is easy to understand but hard to explain to someone else.  JUST GO SEE IT !!

Wish I Was Here - written and starring Zach Braff and my favorite young actress, Joey King, as his daughter.  It is about an out-of-work actor who can no longer afford private school so decides to home school his kids by teaching them real life.



No comments:

Post a Comment