Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

W.I.P. Wednesday

Well... I have started my third and final Work-In-Progress.  I didn't realize it until I picked it back up and tried to find out when I originally started this afghan, how long ago it was when I started this afghan.

I was shocked - shocked I tell you - to discover it was back in May 2010.  Could it have really been 6 years ago when I started this?  WOW !!

I had no idea.  I have never had a WIP that old before.  But a lot has happened since then. A LOT - that caused this to get put way back on the back burner.  I won't go into to all that but let's just say that lots of bad stuff happened here and there in the past 6 years.

It is really something I want to accomplish and something I want to  put on my bed in the winter, so I am going to finish it rather than just frog (*) it.  It is going to be so pretty and worth the wait!

I was also a bit surprised that I didn't have more finished than I thought.  Here is my progress to date.  (I thought I had about twice as much done)


Now...tilt your head toward the right - as if you are a confused puppy.


The project in the photo is laying on its side - it is very wide and the only way I could photograph it was to lay it in the long hallway.  I will try to come up with another way to photograph it as I move along - maybe place it on the bed - we shall see.

I imagine you will see this WIP for a while because there are a total of 1,073 granny squares - in case you don't crochet - that is considered a lot!  Plus, our fiscal year end is approaching, and I just found out today that our annual audit is about to being - this means extra work hours for me, so less time for crocheting.  But I do want to finish this ASAP.  Because I have at least 3 other afghans floating around in my  head that I want to make.  I also want to knit a shawl for my mom - would love to give to her on her b-day but it may be Christmas, depending on how fast this moves along.

According to Ravelry, 119 people have this listed in their projects but a quick count shows me that only 30 have actually finished it.  I will be # 31. 

* To frog a project means to undo or un-ravel it.  In other words, you rip-it, rip-it, rip-it out


No comments:

Post a Comment