Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Lucky Girl

You know, I have been having a few good days and I'm feeling pretty positive about life. It has been a while, after all the tragedy in my life that happened 2 years ago, life has been a bit challenging but for the first time in a few years, I feel like I can deal with life again.

I was thinking over the past few days that I am really a very LUCKY GIRL.  First of all, I was blessed with the best parents in the entire world.  Although my dad is gone now, I was fortunate to be with him when he left to go to Heaven.  I was blessed with an older brother and a younger sister, we grew up very close (even though we fussed about silly things when we were little - like who is touching who and who borrowed whose clothes without asking) but we have always been close.  Even though my brother is gone now, how lucky was I to have him as part of my life for 51 years?  How lucky was I to spend my birthday with him and enjoy a great few days with him and get to tell him I love him in person, just a couple of weeks before he left to go to Heaven?  Do I wish my dad and brother were still here?  Of course I do!!  But I just feel so blessed to have been in the same family with them.

I'm also lucky and blessed to have a wonderful sister-in-law, who is a sister to me too.  I have a beautiful, independent and smart niece, who is married to a great guy and they have a beautiful, funny and clever daughter.  We all love each other and never argue.  My whole family is supportive of my decisions, even if they may not agree with them all the time.

Last year, I was selected for a pilot program that only 25 people, out of all state employees that applied were chosen.  I was randomly selected and given an opportunity of a lifetime.  It was something I wasn't sure I actually wanted, to be quite honest but I prayed a lot about it and since I was chosen, I feel that God wanted this for me and now that I have gone through a year of the whole process, I truly believe it was the best thing for me and have no doubt I made the right decision by going through the whole process.  It has already changed my life in many ways and I suspect, I will see many more changes due to this program in the next coming year.

I am so lucky that I have great friends - supportive and loving friends.  I may not have a 100 friends but the friends I do have are loyal and true and we'd all do anything for each other.  Not many people can say that.

I am so lucky that I belong to a wonderful, Christian church where I have another family.  We just have the best pastor in the world (if you ask me).  I just can't hardly wait until Sunday so I can go to church and see my church family and hear the good Word of the Lord.

I have a great job, that I love and where I feel appreciated and needed.  At my last job, which I enjoyed a lot until a certain person was hired and made my life a living nightmare, I was happy there and loved many of the people I work with but I was not appreciated and I was seriously, seriously underpaid for the amount of work I did, the kind of responsibilities I had and the amount of hours I put in.  I was not appreciated there because I could do 999 things right and do 1 thing wrong and I would get written up for the one thing but never even patted on the back for the 999 things. (Well I did have one boss that appreciated me but sadly, they ran her off).

But at this job, I feel really appreciated as an employee and as a person.  I feel I am well paid for what I do and for my responsibilities and I feel my opinion is important.  My co-workers are the best and one of them I consider my best friend!  She is the Thelma to my Louise (or is it vice versa).  How fortunate to work at a place you like, with people you like and to even have a good and steady job - what a true blessing that is!

Although my car is 14 years old, it runs great - I seldom have any issues with it and I just love it.  We've been through a lot together.  How lucky that I have a good, safe, reliable car and haven't had a car payment in 9 years!

I have a lovely home.  It is paid for too - which is super sweet!  It is the home I grew up in, which I now own.  It is small, about 1,050 sq feet, including the 1 car garage but it has 3 bedrooms and tiny closets, 1 1/2 baths, a living room and a combined kitchen/dining room.  It has a pretty good size yard and I am lucky enough to have a next door neighbor who keeps the grass cut and the leaves picked up (at a cost but that helps us both out).  It is small, but just right for me.  I have done some redecorating over the past few years, and still have some things I want to do but it makes me happy to come home and I thank God every day for giving me a nice roof over my head, keeping me safe and warm and dry.  My house was build the same year I was born so it is perfect for me.

I am crafty - I can do pretty much any kind of crafts and I enjoy them...Crochet, Knitting, Cross-Stitch, Needlepoint, Crewel, Embroidery, etc.  I am lucky that I am able to do those kind of things that bring me joy and happiness.

I can see (although I need corrective lenses), I can hear (although I say "what" more than I used to), I can walk, I can talk and I have a decent amount of common sense.  Not everyone can say those things - how lucky am I?

I could probably go on and on and on!!  But I know how blessed I truly am.

God is so Good !!

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed. Your home sounds delightful. Wonderful to have a church family to share both the happy and sad times with and Eternal Life through Jesus Christ.
    I loved to cross stitch when I was younger, I have tremors in my hands now but oh, I still love to look at cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete