Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

W.I.P. Wednesday

So...I am sure that anyone that knits or crochets knows about the Women's March that took place on January 21st.  I'm not really into politics.  I keep current, of course, but just don't watch much or get actively involved.

However, if you knit or crochet - these pink uhhh...hats (whose official name I am choosing to leave off) were what everyone wanted to wear as they marched. 


My sister was involved with the march in our town and my local yarn shop was too.  They had a lot of people calling the shop asking for the hats.  I made a couple to donate but I didn't think my sister would want one because (a) she isn't really a hat wearer and (b) I don't think she is a huge fan of the color pink but....she said she would like one, even if it was after the March so....I am currently making, what she likes to call a "Kitty Kap"

I was so happy to see Time used a CROCHET hat on the cover - it is about time that crochet gets some respect!

However, I decided to make a knitted hat.  Although I crochet much faster, most of the hats I have seen are knitted and I feel that knitted is a bit more stretchy and may fit better.  Plus, I haven't really knitted anything since June - when I was involved with the dishcloth swap.

I decided to use THIS PATTERN for the hat, since it has over 9,000 projects on Ravelry and seemed simply enough.  The pattern really is super easy.  Some ribbing (k2, p2) for the border and mostly stockinette for the hat (k a row; p a row).  I'm enjoying making it and hope to have it finished before next Wednesday so I can post a different WIP.




No comments:

Post a Comment