Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

2017 Books Read

I read (or in some cases listened to) 19 books in 2017.  That is a new record for me.  I generally read 6 or less books in a year.  It amazes me because I know that some of my friends over at 2peasrefugees read WAY more (many are over 100) but I just have to assume that most of the ones that have read that many books in a year either (a) read very, very fast and/or (b) do not work 60-70 hours a week outside of the home like I do.  I simply do not have time to read that many books, work full time (plus), maintain a home and some sort of a social life.

Anyway...I am very pleased with myself (although the perfectionist in me is a tad upset that it wasn't an even 20 books - maybe next year!)

I do a reading challenge each year over on Goodreads and my challenge this year was 6 books (which as you can see, I surpassed) - for 2018, I am taking a bold step (for me) and challenging myself to 12 books - which is an average of 1 a month.

I may even take on some of the Pop Sugar Reading Challenges.  We shall see.

Anyway...I did some Project Life layouts of all the books I read this year and thought I would share here (click on photos to enlarge)

Favorites for the year: A Man Called Ove and Wish Me Home.
Second Place Contender: Here's to Us





'

No comments:

Post a Comment