Pages

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

W.I.P. Wednesday

I have still be working away on my Virus Blanket - I recently went to the site where I received the pattern and I see the pattern is no longer free.  I am glad I got it when it was still free and I know I better hang on to it.  Although, I do believe that $4.25 (current price as of this blog post) is well worth the price for this.

I have completed 3 Caron Cakes and the size is now 48" x 48"  - I would like it to be about 60" x 60", which would be a nice size blanket.  But I only have 6 yarn cakes in this colorway (or maybe it is 7 - I can't recall but typically I purchase even numbers because I'm a little bit like Monk and like my numbers to come out even. 😃

So, however big I can make it with the number of yarn cakes I have will be the final size, which hopefully will be close to what I want.

Sorry for the wonky photo - the sides are even but the angle I took the photo doesn't make it seem that way.


Here is a little close up that shows the detail a little better.



Sadly, I think I am going to have to put it aside for a couple of weeks to finish up another project that I want to complete before Christmas (and that project needs blocking time because it is knitted) - I don't really want to set this aside but I think I will have to for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment