Pages

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Christmas is Hard

Christmas is hard when someone is missing

I have been Christmas shopping and I pass by the Old Spice - I always got my dad an Old Spice set every year.  Now, each and every time I pass the gift sets in the store, it is just a reminder that I won't be buying a gift for him this year.

I pass by the golf novelties or something I think my brother would really like and again, I am reminded that I have another gift that I don't need to buy anymore.

Christmas is joyous because we celebrate the birth of Christ but it is also very, very hard when it is another year without someone you love - someone that should be here with you.

I don't want to put up a tree or set out decorations, it is just a reminder that they aren't here and we are never going to celebrate Christmas together with them again.  It is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment